It is two weeks into the new year, and though I haven’t written about it yet, I’ve started to make changes and am noticing a difference already. It’s been fantastic to be quite honest. Last year was pretty awful (I wrote a very open and honest post about it that you can read here), and I am basically doing everything in my power to make sure that this year is just the complete opposite of everything that last year was.
I went to one of my favorite places that I go to whenever I’m upset, bored with friends, or when I need to be by myself and think about things. This time around was for the latter.
What can I do to make this year different?
I suppose these could just be called resolutions, but I’d like to think of them more as stepping stones to a better me. Here are the things that I came up with while sitting at the Cove (yeah, some of them are super fucking random and are just things I’d like to do for me, but maybe you can use some of these, too):
- Put my health first – both physical and mental.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up and out – though it may be small right now, having a voice is important, and why have one if I’m not going to use it?
- Go to the gym at least three times a week.
- Write at least once a week – ideally, twice a week.
- Buy more clothes and shoes.
- Stop judging others for the choices that they make in their lives.
- Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
- Read more.
- Leave my hair natural and messy more often.
- Actually save money.
- Worry about being a better person rather than just trying to look better.
- Be unapologetic about my existence.
- Work on my self-confidence.
- Get a passport and travel outside of the country.
- Go on an actual vacation – something I have never done.
- Drink more water.
- Go to places that play live music.
- Make new friends.
- Get and keep toxic people out of my life.
- Take spontaneous day or weekend trips.
- Care about what I put into my body (in literally every way that, that can be interpreted as, lmfao).
- Go to at least one concert.
- Learn my worth.
Like I said, some of these are super random, personal goals, but I think that everyone can find something on this list that they can work into their own lives.
We all deserve to have a good year, and as always, I’m rooting for you.